This is like the approach used by Stansted Express at Abellio Greater Anglia – built by RE Systems in Bakewell. This site sells non RSP tickets and will initially connect Birmingham Airport to around 50 destinations.
The aim was to develop a simple, flexible low-cost fares proposition specifically tailored for the airport traveller and help WMT increase its mode and market share and Birmingham Airport achieve their targets set-out in their Surface Access Strategy.
From start to finish the project had be delivered in just 3-months and was matrix managed VA Rail Director, Andrew Ayers.
VA Rail Resource & Role
- Develop a new brand for WMT.
- Develop search engine optimised content (SEO).
- Matrix manage key staff within finance, customer services, retail, marketing, and the revenue and ticketing teams.
- Setting up payment card gateway.
- Developing product and fares structures.
- Writing content, including policies.
- Set up ticketing barcode fulfilment.
- Manage costs and the RE System, stakeholder and client relationship.
- Produce monthly reports.